Thursday, November 27, 2014

Liebster Blog Award

Alhamdulillah, I have been nominated for  for the Liebster Blog Award by Zelna Olivier of Zooty Owl. I have never been nominated for an award before for my creations so this is something which keep my heart rate run a bit faster. I feel so humbled, Thanks Zelna.


The Liebster Blog Awards is about people nominating other people so their name get recognized. Each nominee answer 11 questions about themselves and then in turn nominates a number of their favorite blogs and provides a set of questions to be answered.

The questions Zelna asked me were:

1. What is your favourite yarn?
2. Your go-to colour palette?
3. How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?
4. What other crafts do you practice?
6. How old were you when you learned to crochet?7. Who taught you to crochet?
8. Which is your favourite season, and why?
9. Favourite place to go on holiday!
10. What is the coolest thing you have crocheted?
11. Why do you blog?

I love these questions although some of these are not easy to answer. I am very happy to answer without bias and as objective as possible. 

1. What is your favorite yarn?

Any yarns that is not squeaky slippery.

2. Your go-to colour palette?

Red, pink, white
Turquoise, brown, cream
Turquoise, red, cream
Turquoise, purple, soft green

3. How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?

Whoho... the whole time, my hobby is my works. Well, when I am not cooking, typing, praying, socializing you will find me crocheting...

4. What other crafts do you practice?

Beading. Recently this long time hobby resurface when a friend open her house for a group meet up once a week.


A beaded crocheted bracelet I recently made


6. How old were you when you learned to crochet?

Five

7. Who taught you to crochet?

My Aunty... and she is still healthy. I used to see my aunty make crochet items for her husband.
Please meet my aunty and the items  she crocheted when she was young. Some of these items aged around 50 years.


My Aunty, Ibu Nursima


My Aunty's creations

8. Which is your favourite season, and why?
All seasons are good in its own way to me. So I enjoy every seasons.

9. Favourite place to go on holiday!

Jogja and Bali and my hometown, Bukittinggi. All are located in Indonesia.

10. What is the coolest thing you have crocheted? My Strawberry bag. The bag were published in Homespun Australia and Entwine Crochet Magazine, USA.


11. Why do you blog?

I love sharing knowledge with people, I love teaching. Below is a blanket made by Kasia, my friend from Poland whom  I taught crochet 4 weeks ago and made this blanket within a week. Bottom picture are some of my friends who crochet with me, but not all...





11. Where do you crochet?

On the floor, sit on the carpet like in the picture below, in the patio, in front of the TV,  in the car (during traffic only), on the plane, at the airport, and in the party when nothing else to talk about I usually go to a corner and begin crocheting LOL.


I am nominating the following blog as my Liebster Blogs:

1. My Little Girl
2. My Picot
3. My Hobby is Crochet
4. Crochet et all 
5. Zooty Owl
6. Abel and Hug

To those I am nominating, I would like to have the following questions answered:

1. What is your favourite hook?
2. Anyone else crocheting in your family?
3. How many hours a week do you spend crocheting?
4. Will you teach a family member to crochet?
5. Where do you crochet?
6. Do you have a crochet group?
7. Who inspire you to crochet the first time?
8. What is the most expensive yarns you ever bought and what did you make with it?
9. Do you make item for yourself or to sell?
10. What is the coolest thing you have crocheted?
11. Why do you blog?